Holidays being what they are, my New Years Resolutions don’t usually get enacted full force until everyone goes back to school and work and the schedule goes back to normal. This year, that meant things started rolling 5 days into 2015.
I’m OK with that.
It was a CRAZY day, though, for a first day back to all things normal. Lots of appointments and errands and I feel like I have been running since the alarm went off at 5:45am. Therefore, this particular entry will be boring and full of the basic info about my day’s workout and food intake. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better and I can find a way to be entertaining and thoughtful … and actually interesting!
In the meantime (as I only have 34 minutes before I have to go to bed and still a kitchen to clean!), here’s the run down of my workout and my food intake on my first day of 2015 resolutions.
Workout (with Nick, personal trainer)
- Warmup on rowing machine
- 3 sets of circuit which included: (20) 2 handed kettlebell swing (16kg bell), (8 each leg) step up to medium step, (12) 16kg kettlebell goblet squats, (20) fireman’s rope swing, 1-minute all out rowing
- (5) 3-minute rounds boxing
- Breakfast: 1 tub 0% Greek Yogurt Peach, 1 medium banana
- Mid morn snack: 1 Gluten Free protein bar (on drive to gym)
- Lunch: Salad with lettuce, tomato, red bell pepper, red onion, 2 tbsp garbanzo beans, cucumber slices, 1 tbsp feta crumbles, 4 oz shaved chicken breast, artichoke hearts, sliced pepperoncini peppers, 2 tbsp homemade greek salad dressing; 1 svg coconut almonds, 1 svg cocoa almonds
- mid afternoon snack: 1 serving lays potato chips, 1 tbsp onion dip (BAD!)
- Supper: homemade chicken cacciatore with 1 cup steamed broccoli
Not perfect, not horrible.