I apologize to you, my old friend, for never visiting. I apologize for cutting you out of my life so completely, no explanations, no hints or clues … just *BAM* … nothing. I don’t think it will make you feel any better, but please know that I haven’t been writing anything anywhere else. Nothing. I have set aside my love for the written word and allowed myself to become distracted by the mundane. From work, to parenting, to home improvement … everything else has taken precedence over my need to write down my thoughts, real and fiction. I wasn’t cheating. I was neglecting. Although, that really isn’t any better.
Let’s see … what has happened since I last wrote …
- I FAILED at the Fighter Diet. Couldn’t do the weird fish things. Just. Couldn’t. Do. It.
- I started a new job that I am still learning to juggle my world around.
- I redecorated the spare bedroom into my son’s new gaming room.
- I planted a vegetable garden and quickly lost control of it to massive weeds.
- I have been the Operations Supervisor for an exterior improvement plan including a new shed install (yes, it actually took an install), a correction to a foundation issue on our garage, a new entry sidewalk and complete tear out and re-do of our driveway and a new garage door (it’s the last step and is not yet installed.)
- I went to New Orleans for a girl’s trip.
- I had girly surgery that I won’t discuss at length here.
- I gained more weight.
I am beginning a new diet plan today. I am not going to go into it in much detail simply because I feel that is all I talk about. How I diet and How I fail. I am hoping this will be a kick off to losing 7 stone (give or take a pebble).
I need a place to document and kvetch. I need to get back to writing more frequently. I hope both can be accomplished by coming back to you, my old friend. I hope you will forgive me and help me find my way back to the written word.
I pray you will forgive my long absence and welcome back the prodigal daughter with open arms.